How are you guys! :)
This week has been
pretty good! We've been trying to visit members to support them and
work with them so as to find investigators and the members are just
amazing. They have, for the most part, been very involved with their
community and so they point us to those who need us. They also are
trying to invite non-members and less actives to dinners with us so that
we can teach them while we are eating. This type of support is pretty
different than what you find in the Spanish wards; I love my Hispanics, I
feel like the difference is that they don't have as much experience
bringing the gospel to others as the English wards. I hope that when/if I
go back Spanish that I can help the members see their potential in
helping their brothers and sisters join the church.
We have also been
working hard to find less active families and we have met a few so far
who are interested in hearing the lessons. For them, it can be hard
because they, for the most part, know what they have left. That means
their either not willing at all, or something has caused them to push
away rather than a loss of testimony. Many of them I have inwardly cried
for, but others are willing to change so we're teaching them. One of
the them is a family that raised their kids LDS, went to church for
them, but were never sealed in the temple. They have made the comment
that they feel they need to come back to church, but they aren't sure if
they want to start now. We are going to work hard to help them make friends so that they can feel comfortable in church on Sunday.
Another family we
just found yesterday; they are part member and they have a huge interest
in family history. We started talking to them about family history
because the wife, the non-member, mentioned that she had gone through an
open house for the Ogden temple. Both love their families and want to
learn more about them so we'll be going back to help them with that and
then start teaching the lessons!
We have also found
2 more investigators this week, one of whom we have taught the
restoration. We haven't been able to find them again, but it has given
us hope that we'll keep finding people. The other investigators we had
met earlier this month and we haven't been able to see them either so
we're a bit sad for that; they have a great spirit about them and a love
for our Savior, so we really want to teach them. We hope to see them
all this week and help them to progress in faith. As always, we continue
searching for people to teach and we have come to know our area fairly
well due to its size; there's actually more non-members than I would've
thought! I love it and I love walking; the views are just amazing where
we live and I love stopping and talking with everyone.
My funny for the
week is that I became a zombie at one point! We were walking from one
potential home to another when a group of people started to gather at
our local haunted house (someone on the block that completely decorates
his home to be as scary as possible; he even has a Facebook page for it!
The Ogden Haunted Mansion!). Some were dressed up as trolls (bright,
big hair, colorful clothing, etc.) and others were zombies. One of the
trolls, a nice woman, asked if we would like to join because they needed
a few more zombies. Of course, I said yes! It was community service and
a chance to practice my acting skills :)
They painted me
up, told me that they were going to dance, and then we got set! I got to
hind behind a tombstone to start crawling out slowly and then dance the
Thriller by Michael Jackson; it was a blast! They were making a film
for a company contest and they really wanted to win because they had a
streak going. At the end of the whole filming process, because we did a
few more shots at a local park, the man who was directing asked me to
share a Book of Mormon with a fellow zombie; we thought it was hilarious
and would also peek interest in the church. I was certainly a happy
zombie by the end of the shot. And yes, I have pictures!
Anyway, life is
going really well! I love my companion, we are having a great time
working, and we are excited to see where this area goes! I love you all!
Please be good, remember who you are, and have a great week!
Love,
Sister Lindh
No comments:
Post a Comment