Happy Pioneer Day
Hello People! Hi! Yes, hi! How are you?
I absolutely love biking as a missionary! It's hard, the hills still
make my knees ache, but the ability to meet people is so much better
than when in a car. I love meeting new people and sharing our message
with them; it's also so much easier to offer service because we're
right there. I am also learning how to depend on others rather than
always being the one to offer help. For example, when I had a car, we
would always offer to run and get things, or pick people up for
meetings, or carry something around. Now, I am the one asking for
helping carrying things around, getting rides to meetings, and so
forth. I don't like it. But, accepting others' help is a form of
charity because they want to offer help and they need me to accept
this help before they can give it.
Besides a lot of biking this week, we have been finding a lot. That
means that we are speaking with new people and teaching them the
message of the restoration and more. I really enjoy this part of the
work because it means making new friends and getting to share the
restoration multiple times. Every time I share this message, I know
again that it's true.
Anyway, somebody that we met this week was and is an answer to our
prayers. We had been praying to find someone who's ready for the
gospel and then we met Esteban. He's an amazing man who has been
studying different religions for a while. We feel that he's searching
for something but didn't realize it until we had met him and shared
our message. Our first lesson with him was a bit rough to put it
nicely, but even though it was hard we felt we should try again. In
our second lesson, he was a lot softer and more open to the Spirit,
which was amazing! He has been growing since and I am so grateful to
see him growing spiritually. We'll keep teaching him and soon he'll be
ready for baptism :)
Funny story for week: we share our area with our Elders, Elders Wise
and Maza and sometimes we have dinner with them. This past Saturday we
had dinner with them and recently there's been some confusion over a
rule about dinners. The rule is that for dinner, if one of the
companionships is there, either sisters or elders, the others can
enter to eat (there needs to be an uneven amount of males and females
basically). Recently some members were questioning whether this was
true or not so we haven't been eating together recently just to be
sure. One night we had dinner with the Elders and we were there first
with the sister from our ward. The Elders arrived and we're about to
enter when they asked "Wait. Is your husband home?" He wasn't so they
didn't enter and one of the Elders had to use the restroom (we don't
always get the opportunity to go when we need to :) ). While he was
waiting for permission from the mission president, just to be sure,
the woman we ate with gave him and his companion a salsa to try while
they waited. She made this salsa with habaneros, a really spicy chile,
and other foods like onions and such. This poor elder is not a
accustomed to spicy food and when he ate it, he nearly died. The dance
he did from needing the restroom and having eaten this spicy salsa was
soo funny! I felt bad for him, but at times you just need a good
laugh! He was a good sport about it :)
Also, here in Utah, Pioneer Day is larger than the Fourth of July, so
all of my mission joined together today to walk in the parade! It was
so much fun to be with all of mission and celebrate with the city.
There were many people who cheered really loud and it was fun to cheer
them on! We would run to the sides and high five anyone we could;
Elder Cochran, a former ballet dancer, did a few tricks such as
backflips for the kids; people "silly stringed" us as we walked by; it
was a lot of fun! My favorite part was watching some people go from a
frown to a smile. Nothing brings me greater joy than to make people
happy and so I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
This was a good week! I hope all of you have a great week and that you
enjoy these stories. If not, let me know and I'll try to find
something better :D I love you all! Remember who you are and be good!
Love,
Hermana Lindh
Sent from my iPad


 |
| Messing around with a found pair of glasses |
 |
| Letting a 3 year old do your lipstick |
 |
| At the temple with Carlos |
 |
| Pioneer Day Parade |
 |
| Pioneer Day Parade |
 |
| Zone Conference for July |
 |
| parade |
 |
She's in there, just look
|
 |
| Can you find Rachel? |
No comments:
Post a Comment